Installing a course
Further information on installing an IMS Content Package in Moodle can be found on the Moodle site: http://docs.moodle.org/en/IMS_content_package.
Moodle allows you to create certificates for users when they complete a course. Certificates are PDFs which can be completely customized by a university. In order to issue certificates, the Moodle Certificate Module must be installed. This may need to be done by your university Moodle administrator, and full details of how to do this can be found here.
Installing course quizzes
Part 1: Create the quiz
- Select the course into which you want to install the Epigeum course.
- Make sure editing has been turned on.
- Locate where you want to install the course, and click the 'Add an activity' button under the header 'Assessment tools', then click 'Quiz'.
- Type a name for the quiz. For this example we will use the name 'name_of_quiz'.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the 'Save and display' button.
The quiz is now created.
Part 2: Import the questions
- Unzip the Moodle quiz file to show all the course quizzes as xml files.
- Go to the quiz you just created (name_of_quiz, for this example).
- Click on the 'Import' tab.
- In the 'File format' area, select 'Moodle XML format'.
- In the 'General' area, select 'Default for name_of_quiz'.
- Uncheck the 'Get category from file' box.
- In the 'Import from file upload...' area, click on the 'Browse' button and select the xml file for the quiz.
- Click on the 'Upload this file' button.
- The list of questions will then be shown. Click the 'Continue' button. You have now imported the questions. The last thing to do is to attach them to the quiz.
- Click on the 'Quiz' tab, or open the quiz again.
- You will see the 'Questions in this quiz' on the left, and the 'Question bank' on the right.
- In the 'Category' drop down box, 'Default for name_of_quiz' should be selected. (If it isn't, select it.)
- Click on the 'Select all' link under the questions.
- Once selected, click on the 'Add to quiz' button.
- Click on the 'Save changes' button.
The quiz has now been created. You can modify the quiz questions or add and remove questions if you wish.