About this programme
Research Impact: Creating Meaning and Value will provide a broad introduction to impact, providing researchers with the essential knowledge and skills they need to ensure that impact is embedded in every step of the research journey.
- International: While references will be made to national impact assessment exercises and specific funding requirements in different regions, the course will identify universal skills mapped to the research journey.
- Themes: Engagement and collaboration will be key themes running throughout the programme.
- Multidisciplinary approach: modules will include plentiful real-world case studies, inspiring stories and video interviews representing a range of researchers from diverse disciplines and at different career stages.
- Personalisation: while researchers will be presented with examples and scenarios, they will also be encouraged to reflect on their own context. Activities will be designed so that researchers can choose their own path through the content, whether that’s related to specific disciplines or national context.
- Blended learning: the course can be used to complement existing workshops and other training and support initiatives, with ideas for blended learning activities included in the Instructor Manual.
This programme is relevant to researchers at all levels, with particular relevance for doctoral students, postdoctoral researchers, and early-career researchers. It is suitable across all major disciplines.