About Research Skills Toolkit
Epigeum is reinventing the Research Skills Master Programme for the modern researcher; creating a Toolkit that supports the researcher’s journey from starting their Masters to completing their PhD.
The Toolkit has been restructured into five key programmes to allow for greater flexibility in online learning, with each programme retaining its own identity and key set of learning outcomes. This structure allows universities to choose individual courses from the Toolkit that suit their needs.
Content across each programme will be fully refreshed to provide content on contemporary topics in research which reflect recent developments and legislation. Each course will benefit from an improved modern learning design and enhanced user experience.
- A refreshed and intuitive learning design with a focus on active learning
- A streamlined learning experience with short 30 minute modules
- Revised digital learning features such as pre and post quizzes, comic strips, and videos to enhance user experience
- Topical content that reflects current challenges facing researchers
- A mobile responsive interface to encourage a flexible learning approach
- A contemporary design to complement the new structure
- A new Toolkit structure designed to support researcher throughout their research journey
The increasing range of doctoral candidates, research projects and research methods requires innovative approaches for training and support. The development of the new Toolkit recognises these new requirements and will provide a valued resource for all doctoral candidates in the 21st Century.