About Statistical Research Methods
This new statistics programme will provide comprehensive, cross-disciplinary support for researchers who require a foundation or refresher in statistical methods. The course addresses topics such as data visualisation, statistical inference, reproducibility of results, and linear regression. A concise pre-programme diagnostic tool will provide the user with tailored, signposted material dependent on their learning level, with the opportunity to strengthen core skills and extend understanding.
This programme will adopt a modular format and offer flexibility alongside application through practical activities, video demonstrations, and downloadable portfolio pods to allow learners to consolidate and refresh their statistical understanding. It aims to improve researcher confidence and motivation in contemporary statistical methods, contributing to effective research projects.
- Will provide key support for researchers to evaluate and interpret statistics, and report on sound research findings
- A concise pre-programme diagnostic tool will highlight learner needs and offer a tailored approach at all levels, granting time efficiency and flexibility
- Core modules will work in conjunction with companion modules to improve core skills and further statistical understanding of topical issues such as data Integrity, open data, and inflation bias and reproducibility
- Aims to address the current statistics context, taking into consideration the interdisciplinary research environment, in which researchers often work across several subject areas
- Diverse learning approaches: learners can expect to interact with real-world research examples, video demonstrations and practical activities
- Downloadable data sets and portfolio pods will allow learners to save activities and notes to revisit in the future in order to practice, refresh and test their skills