About this course:
The EAP Foundations course is an introduction to the key skills and academic language in English for Academic Purposes (EAP). The material is carefully graded and scaffolded for intermediate-level students at IELTS level 5.0 (CEFR B1) to enhance their EAP skills and knowledge of educational practices in higher education institutions. This blended learning course offers course materials designed both for classroom use and for self-study. The flexibility of the course structure allows teachers to assign students parts of the course for self-study or classroom preparation and free up classroom time for more communicative activities.
EAP Foundations recognises that the development of lower-order and higher-order critical skills and pragmatic competence are key elements to students’ success in their language and academic learning.
The content features:
- authentic texts and settings such as lectures, seminars, group projects, practical sessions and more
- rich media content, with video at the core of the course
- IELTS-style entry, end of module and end of course tests
- learning portfolio and progress checks for continuous assessment
- both online and print versions of materials
This course is for:
Undergraduate students who study either EAP pre-sessional or foundation courses at university and EAP pre-sessional teachers.