Publication date: Winter 2016
Core activities: 30 minutes
Additional activities: 1 hour
- Preparing to start
– What makes a good undergraduate research project or thesis?
– How do I get started?
– Generating ideas
– Building an interesting question and selecting a subject or area or research
– Formulating your question or hypothesis
– Thinking about ethics
- The role of research advisors and mentors
– What are advisors and mentors looking for?
– What is the role of an advisor or mentor?
– Working with your advisor or mentor: your expectations and theirs
– Taking ownership
– Responding to feedback