Publication August 2016
Core activities: 1 Hour, 40 Minutes
Additional activities: 8 Hours
This introductory course is designed to give students a brief overview of the purpose of higher education and an opportunity to reflect on their goals in pursuing a degree. The course also identifies strategies to help students adapt to their new learning environment.
This course will help students answer questions such as:
- What should I expect higher education to be like?
- What is my purpose in pursuing a degree? How can I use my time at university to meet this goal?
- What do I need to know to adapt to student life and to meet the expectations of my instructors?
- How can I become a part of my college community?
- How will I contribute to the learning and social environments at my school?
- Introduction to academic expectations
- Setting the stage for academic success
- Adapting to college studies
- Becoming a part of your campus community
Author: Dr Matthew Hipps
Dalton State College
Reviewer: Dr Kay Smith
College of Charleston