About this course
Developed under the guidance of an expert panel of advisors, authors, and student and staff reviewers, the new edition of the award-winning Consent Matters: Boundaries, Respect, and Positive Intervention course has been updated to provide current, inclusive, and scalable training on sexual consent, communication and relationships, and bystander intervention. This new edition draws on the latest developments in culture, law, and global best practices to encourage good communication, clear boundaries, and mutual respect in relationships, as well as exploring ways that students can support others and make a positive impact in their community.
Consent Matters delivers up-to-date education on key concepts through a wide range of interactive multimedia activities, including live polls, animations, and quizzes. The realistic scenarios and peer perspectives that feature throughout the course represent the experiences of diverse student communities. The course has also been reviewed by a language accessibility expert to ensure that the course caters to students with English as a second language.
The online course is concise and fully flexible, with a streamlined, modular structure that can be integrated into a blended learning approach to complement existing face-to-face workshops. The course enables institutions to efficiently and cost-effectively scale up consent initiatives institution-wide and provide a neutral, accessible ‘safe space’ for prevention training.
July 2023 Update:
Using feedback and reviews from our learners and advisors, Consent Matters: Boundaries, Respect, and Positive Intervention has been updated to ensure that it continues to provide current, accessible, and inclusive training on consent, communication, relationships, and bystander intervention. These are some of the key features included in the latest edition:
- The programme has been refreshed with an updated user interface and design, including new imagery.
- Learners will have the power to control what they see, ensuring a safe space to learn with our new ‘hide content’ option for potentially triggering course material.
- The support services have been updated with a comprehensive review of existing third-party links and new additional resources.
- Additional content has been created to reflect the legal changes around the understanding of consent, for example, up-skirting in the UK and affirmative consent laws in Australia.
- Additional content has been created to reflect better the vibrant world of student life, including more racial diversity, diversity in relationship styles (e.g. polyamorous), and content for students who are not having sex. We’ve also included even more real-life perspectives and personal stories.
- A range of new content specifically looks at navigating consent with the complexities of online interactions in the digital age.
- We’ve added more student audio testimonials and voiceover for some activities.
This course is for:
All students at higher education institutions.