Publication date: July 2012
Core activities: 1.5 hours
Additional activities: 4 hours
This introductory course sets out the aims and structure of the programme. The course will help participants to:
- Gain a better understanding of the broader higher education context
- Begin to plan their learning and development as an effective leader or manager within their own institution
- Identify the areas of the programme that will best address their particular needs.
- Module 1: Welcome to the University Leadership and Management programme: introduction, structure and guiding principles
- Module 2: The higher education context
- Module 3: Personal development – how the programme can address your particular needs
The university context: An introduction contains 4 hours of optional self-development activity content.
Author: Professor Shelda Debowski
Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Head of Campus, University of Notre Dame Australia
Reviewer: Dr Richard Bolden
Senior Lecturer and Head, Centre for Leadership Studies (CLS), University of Exeter Business School