With the ongoing global spread of coronavirus, COVID-19, many universities are closing or cancelling in-person lectures. If you have been asked to move your teaching online, but are more familiar with traditional, face-to-face methods, we can help.
To support you, we are making two of our online training programmes, Teaching Online and Blended Learning, freely available. Anyone tackling an unexpected or abrupt transition to digital course delivery is welcome to make use of them:
- Teaching Online presents the fundamental principles of online pedagogy, guiding users through the “nuts and bolts” of designing, delivering, and evaluating online courses for the first time. It also includes a stand-alone course to support students in making the most of their online learning experience.
- Blended Learning explores the strategic and practical implications of integrating face-to-face and online methods in teaching and learning, covering a range of models and approaches, and including advice on fostering a blended learning culture.
How to access the programmes for free:
- Visit our platform: https://courses.epigeum.com/
- Use the drop-down user menu in the top-right corner to register as a new user.
- When prompted, enter the following ‘Token’ codes: for users based in North America: df5f8fe6; for all other users: 3bb0020b.
- You will be sent an activation link by email (check your junk folder if you do not receive this). Click on this to activate your account.
- Once this process is complete, you can log into your new account on our platform, where you will have access to the two programmes, both stored under ‘My Courses’.
The programmes will be freely accessible until Sunday 31 May 2020.
Whether you’re already planning extensively in an online format, or simply scoping out contingency arrangements, we hope that these resources will help to build your skills and confidence during this uncertain time. If you have any questions or issues accessing the programmes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.