Jackie undertakes the training of Epigeum’s authors and supports the Director of Publishing and Learning Design in the ongoing training and support of in-house and freelance editorial staff.
- Creating and delivering author and editorial training courses
- Acting as the primary contact for freelance editorial staff, particularly relating to workflow and processes & procedures
- Contributing to new and existing processes and procedures to ensure Epigeum always follows best practice
- Supporting less experienced in-house editors, contributing to their professional development
- Managing the workload of the Publishing Assistant
Jackie has a degree in Film and Drama with Modern English Literature from the University of Reading, and a Master’s in Film and Television Studies from the University of Westminster. She was a lecturer and manager in the Further Education sector for 15 years before moving into publishing. She has worked in the academic publishing industry, both in print and online, since 2006
Outside of work, Jackie loves reading and going to gigs, although she rarely combines the two. She also writes short stories, several of which have been published. She has written a screenplay based on one of her stories, and is therefore practising her BAFTA acceptance speech in her spare time.